This article is about how to activate ESET Smart Security 9 with Tnod.
What is Tnod?
Tnod is a software used to “search” and enable licenses on all types and versions of ESET. Tnod uses a unique algorithm to locate the license correctly and directly activate the ESET product for a certain time limit.
This deadline is the time limit of the license entered by Tnod. For example, you are using Tnod on ESET Smart Security 9 on June 23, 2014 and the license have an active period of December 10, 2013 until December 10, 2014, your computer will use that license until deadline (December 10, 2014).
During the lifetime of the license, your computer will get all ESET features without exception, including regular updates. Especially for ESET Smart Security and ESET Internet Security users, you will also get ESET premium feature called “Banking and Payment Protection.” Which is basically a Windows web browser (Internet Exporer), which is reinforced by the ESET protection system.
How to use
What you need:
1. Tnod (download here)
2. ESET installer (if not already installed)
Step by step:
1. Run the ESET installer until complete
2. Once done, ESET windows will open (for ESET Nod32 Antivirus 8 users, read here for permanent activation), then select trial license.
3. Follow the steps to activate the trial, enter a valid email address, and make sure the computer is connected to the internet.
(Ps. You can skip step 1-step 3 if you has already install ESET)
4. Now make the computer offline (each computer use a different way, please use google to searching how).
5. After the computer is offline, open your ESET, choose setup, then “Pause antivirus and Antispyware protection” then select “Pause until reboot.”
6. Now, you just need to click “ok” on the wizard windows until the ESET window is red and the antivirus and antispyware has been paused.
7. Go back to the setup menu, select “Network Protection,” then click on the green strips at “Personal Firewall” tab to disable and select “pause for 10 minutes.”
8. Now open the file “TNod v1.6.2 Beta 3.rar” and extract the file “TNODUP.exe”
9. Run the extracted file “TNODUP.exe” by right click, select “run as administrator.”
10. Tnod will automatically search for and activate ESET with the avaible license.
That’s how to activate ESET Smart Security 9 with Tnod. Please note that if the license has timed out, then this way should be done from step 4. If you have any questions, please ask using the “Contact Me.” Field.